- Remove the cPanel skeleton files from (or rename the folder on) the destination server before transfer or they will be inserted into the site files.
- Disable DKIM and SPF (under Account Functions -> Modify Account) on account before transfer if possible - these DNS records do not automatically update - check DNS record thoroughly after transfer.
- Login to destination server WHM
- Click on "Transfer Tool" under "Transfers" in the left menu
- Enter the originating serve'rs IP address or FQDN under "Remote Server Address (IP address or FQDN):"
- Enter the correct port (usually 22 or 2200) under "Remote SSH port"
- Under "Login" - check "root" unless you do not have root access
- Under "Authentication Method" - check "Password"
- Under "Root Password" - enter the root password for the originating server
- Click "Fetch account list"
- Check/uncheck "Give New Account an IP Address" depending on if the account needs a static IP or not
- Check "Express Transfer" if you are moving the site from one server to another in the same DNS cluster
- Click "Copy"
- Note: if you cannot use this method, check your firewall settings or use the "Copy an Account From Another Server with an account password" option - you will not be able to do an express DNS migration using this method.
- Once the copy is complete, log into the source server and verify the account is suspended (Account Information -> Suspended Accounts)
- Cleanup tasks on the target server
- In File Manager, delete skeleton files or renamed skeleton directory if necessary
- Verify new IP address and other DNS entries
- Update server name and IP address in Garage
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to configure a new cPanel VPS (KnownHost): Print this list so you have it in front of you...
Installation of cPremoteRequirements: You need a Linux cPanel server running latest stable...
To install a new or renewal SSL certificate server-wide, it must be set up for both web and mail...