CyberBasement has recently seen an increase in fraudulent credit card activity. To combat fraud and help protect cardholders we have instituted some new credit card processing rules including enhanced address verification.
In short, there are three components of a customer's billing address that are used to verify the payment information: the street address, 5-digit ZIP code and ZIP+4 or 9-digit ZIP. Our new rules require at least two of those values must match the billing address on file with your credit card company. If you recently started seeing declined charges in our system, here are a few things to try:
- Ensure the address in your profile matches the address on your credit card statement exactly.
- Add a full 9-digit ZIP code to your billing address. You can look it up with the USPS ZIP Code Lookup.
- Check to see if you have designated a separate billing contact, and verify the contact address matches the credit card statement.
- If you have both a PO box and street address, try reversing the order of those two lines.
- Some PO box addresses require the number come first (12345 PO Box, e.g.)
If you find that you still need assistance, please contact our billing support team by opening a ticket or by calling 719-302-3825.
Monday, April 19, 2021